Hi, my name is Jay Young. I'm one of the owners of Real Property Associates, a property management company serving Seattle, Everett, Bellevue, and all the cities and neighborhoods in between. We've been in business for 25 years and proudly claim to have Seattle's best property managers. Today's discussion is going to be about the necessary steps for a residential eviction in the state of Washington. I am joined by Brian Reed, an expert in landlord-tenant laws from Brian Reed Law Firm. Brian has been working with our company for several years. Let's discuss the first steps of the eviction process assuming the tenant has failed to pay the rent. The first step a landlord has to take is to serve a pay or vacate notice. In Washington, it's a three-day notice to pay or vacate. Sometimes leases might allow for more time, but typically it's three days. The landlord has to ensure that the notice is not only correct in terms of content but also properly served. Now, let's say we've served the notice, three days have lapsed, and the tenant has not paid the rent nor made any effort to do so. What should we do in this situation? The only way to advance the lawsuit is to bring a lawsuit to move the matter forward. It's important to note that an eviction lawsuit is very specific and different from other types of lawsuits. There is a specific form that must be used, otherwise, it will be invalid. The complaint will set forth the facts of the eviction and these documents must be served by a processor. The landlord cannot serve their own lawsuit at this point. Once the lawsuit has been served, what happens next? Ideally, the tenant simply moves out. However, more often than not, they will respond and may...
Award-winning PDF software
Washington state Lease Renewal Form: What You Should Know
Leasing Information is available for 3 (includes delivery) from the WA Attorney General website:.
online solutions help you to manage your record administration along with raise the efficiency of the workflows. Stick to the fast guide to do Lease Extension Agreement, steer clear of blunders along with furnish it in a timely manner:
How to complete any Lease Extension Agreement online:
- On the site with all the document, click on Begin immediately along with complete for the editor.
- Use your indications to submit established track record areas.
- Add your own info and speak to data.
- Make sure that you enter correct details and numbers throughout suitable areas.
- Very carefully confirm the content of the form as well as grammar along with punctuational.
- Navigate to Support area when you have questions or perhaps handle our assistance team.
- Place an electronic digital unique in your Lease Extension Agreement by using Sign Device.
- After the form is fully gone, media Completed.
- Deliver the particular prepared document by way of electronic mail or facsimile, art print it out or perhaps reduce the gadget.
PDF editor permits you to help make changes to your Lease Extension Agreement from the internet connected gadget, personalize it based on your requirements, indicator this in electronic format and also disperse differently.